Open Sheep Show - General Information
Chairpersons: Linda & Fred Schauwecker
Judge: To Be Announced
Entry Form Due Date: September 15, 2015
Yarn Show Entry Form Due Date: October 1, 2015
Rules and Regulations
- ENTRY FEE IS $3.00 PER ANIMAL - Maximum sheep per weekend is 300 head. Entries will be received on a first come, first served basis. Entries without an entry fee will not be accepted.
- Management will use care and diligence for safety and health of animals. Neither the Society nor the Committee shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage which may occur. Entries are accepted on these conditions only.
- All animals, except market lambs, must be registered in the name of the exhibitors, and papers must be available for the Committee. All animals must have been owned by exhibitors 30 DAYS BEFORE SHOW.
- No pending registrations will be accepted; all animals must be EAR TAGGED OR TATTOOED. The sheep committee has the right to temporarily mark any animals that have no identification.
- Animals will be inspected upon arrival for contagious diseases and parasites. Any animal found unhealthy will be removed from the FAIRGROUNDS immediately. All Exhibitors MUST HAVE HEALTH PAPERS. Registration papers will be checked upon arrival.
- All animals MUST SHOW SIGNS OF HAVING BEEN FITTED, and market lambs MUST BE SHORN CLEAN.
- Age of animals will be figured as of September 1, Spring Lambs as of January 1.
- Market lambs may be ewes, rams, or wethers and may not be shown in any other class. Market lambs will be weighed Saturday morning before show time at 8:00 a.m.
- Exhibitors are limited to TWO entries in each class.
- All animals in group class must have been shown in individual classes. Group classes are limited to one entry per breed, per exhibitor.
- Sheep should arrive AFTER 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, and BEFORE 12:00 p.m. on Friday, October 2nd, 2015.
- No sheep are to leave BEFORE 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 4th, 2015.
- No more than two breeds are to be exhibited by one exhibitor.
- Initial bedding will be supplied. Hay, grain and additional bedding will be available for sale on the grounds.
- Exhibitors must inform themselves as to when their BREED OF SHEEP are judged. Sheep must be in the ring promptly on call. A failure to comply with this order renders exhibitor liable to be ruled out of competition.
- NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES allowed in the Sheep Barn.
- No unsupervised minors in the barn after closing.
- Proper dress required in show ring at all times.
- Youth are required to wear solid color pants (in good repair) and white shirts in the show ring for Fitting & Showmanship.
- Exhibitors are requested to display their Farm Signs.
- THE SHOW COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE OR COMBINE CLASSES AT THEIR DISCRETION.
ENTRIES DUE SEPTEMBER 15TH
Order Of Judging
Show Committee reserves the right to change the show order.
Friday Evening, October 2, at 6:00 P.M.
V - Obstacle Course
Saturday, October 3, at 10:00 A.M.
W - Fitting & Showmanship (Seniors - No Halters In Show Ring)
A - Market Lambs
D - Cheviots
(Break For Lunch)
U - Costume/Lead Line
(1 Hour After Lunch Break) F - Dorper
G - Cotswolds
H - Dorsets
I - Hampshires
N - Suffolks
Sunday, October 4, at 10:00 A.M.
B - Natural colored
E - Border Leicester
J - Montadales
L - Shropshires
M - Southdowns
O - Tunis
P - Shetland
T - Any Other Breed - Meat
TW - Any Other Breed - Wool
Total Show Will Be Limited To 300 Head.
The Fair Reserves The Right To Return Entries.
All Entries Accepted On A First Come, First Served Basis.
Open To All. Out Of State Entries Are Welcome.
Fitting & Showmanship Classes
The entry deadline has passed for this contest
The entry deadline has passed for this contest
|Costume/Lead Line & Obstacle Classes||18||16||14||12||11||10||10||10||10||10|
Wednesday, October 7th
SP1. ADULT NOVICE - Will be judged on uniformity of yarn.
SP2. ADULT INTERMEDIATE - Will be judged on uniformity of the yarn.
SP3. ADULT ADVANCE - Will be judged on uniformity, texture and creativity of yarn spun.
YOUTH CLASS - Same As Above
SPY1. YOUTH NOVICE - Will be judged on uniformity of yarn.
SPY2. YOUTH INTERMEDIATE - Will be judged on uniformity of the yarn.
SPY3. YOUTH ADVANCE - Will be judged on uniformity, texture and creativity of yarn spun.
SP4. DROP SPINDLE - Will be judged on uniformity of yarn. QUANTITY SPUN (within reason) IS NOT IMPORTANT. Plying is at the discretion of the spinner.
SP5. DROP SPINDLE, LONGEST SPUN - Take 10 minutes to spin as much as you can and then unravel your spindle. The spinner who walks the farthest away from the judge is the winner! You can enter another category along with this one.
SPY4. YOUTH DROP SPINDLE - Will be judged on uniformity of yarn. QUANTITY SPUN (within reason) IS NOT IMPORTANT. Plying is at the discretion of the spinner.
SPY5. YOUTH DROP SPINDLE, LONGEST SPUN - Take 10 minutes to spin as much as you can and then unravel your spindle. The spinner who walks the farthest away from the judge is the winner! You can enter another category along with this one.
Bring your own wheel, empty spools and chairs (There will be chairs available)
Wool fiber will be provided.
This is open to all spinners.
Come on out for a night of fun!
Chairperson: Linda Schauwecker
Rules & Regulations
- Entries: All entries should be submitted Thursday, October 1st, 2015 between 4:00pm and 9:00pm in the Sheep Barn. All entries can be picked up Tuesday, October 13th, 2015 between 4:00pm and 6:00pm.
- The committee reserves the right to combine or create classes. The judges' decision is final.
- All yarns must be hand spun 100% wool fiber, unless otherwise noted. Yarns and Challenge Competitions are limited to one entry per class.
Y1. One 2oz. skein - Single or 2 Ply - 100% Wool
Y2. One 2oz. skein - 3 ply or Navajo Ply - 100% Wool
Y3. One 2oz. skein - Single or 2 Ply - any natural fiber
Y4. One 2oz. skein - Single or 2 Ply - Novelty
Y5. One 2oz. skein - Any Fiber - novice spinner
Y6. Challenge Competition: Socks
Made from any handspun wool, any design - knitted, woven, crocheted or felted.
2016 Competition: Scarves
Best Handspun Yarn in Show - Trophy & Rosette